Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Diaper Cake


So, I have always wanted to make a diaper cake. Today, after a little research and calls to my friend Heather, who is amazing at crafty things, Natalie and I made one.

Of course I took pictures and decided to share our beautiful creation with anyone interested. I was intending to add more stuff on it, such as a taggie blanket, a crinkler, baby lotion, onesies, socks, pacifier holder, tag block, tag ball, and burp cloths...but in the end I thought simple looked much nicer!


We will put the other things in a seperate gift and this can be the centerpiece at Jills Babyshower today!


I used a pack of size 1 diapers(44). Instead of rolling them I overlapped and wound them around a papertowel roll with string. In the middle I put desitin!



Once the cake was structured I wrapped it in tissue paper and decorated it with ribbon. I also made the round cardboard piece it was on prettier with pink paper.



Remembering stamps my mother gave me last christmas I pulled them out and stamped "princess" and "pretty in pink" around the bottom ribbon.



I added bows to cover the tap used and to add a little flare!


Natalie is my little helper! I pushed down the tissue into the roll with the desitin and now I am just waiting for when Heather comes to get me to put the Flower headband on the top! I will update tonight with a picture of the finished product!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

This is so cute. What a great idea. Good job Kari!

Mark and Shauna said...

I LOVE IT! What a creative and cute idea! Awesome job! I love the video of Natalie twirling with her doll- she is beautiful!

Lisa said...

I'm impressed. Very creative! I'll have to remember that sometime. I'm glad you are still updating your blog!

Holly Wilcox said...

Very crafty! It looks so good- It's been fun reading what you guys are up to.