Saturday, March 14, 2009

Jeremy's New Obsession

When Jeremy and I started dating he never really expressed interest in guns, hunting, or even shooting at targets. When we visited OR we have gone shooting once or twice but it was just fun for that one time. Never discussed again.
I should have seen the warning signs to this transition when he asked for hunting apparel for christmas. Which he got but never wore.
He has recently gotten hooked on everything to do with guns, especially going to the local shooting range. Which is literally right down the street from us(we do live in KY!). His Uncle Theron is really into guns and hunting, and my Father has always gone hunting and taken us up in the "hills" for us to shoot at targets. They have become his resources for information on this topic.















He is so hooked he is going shooting today with his friends Nate. Which might I add that he is leaving on Monday and could spend the time with his family!



5 comments:

Alli said...

He's not a bad shot! You can't live in Kentucky and not get bit by the gun bug eventually, right?

Kauti Nicholls said...

who knew....ky is sure rubbing off on jeremy! :)

thanks for all the updates--i love seeing all the pics--the kids look unrecognizable! i am still waiting for you guys to come visit....

Lisa said...

I'm sorry. Guns and little kids together in a house freak me out.

Kim said...

At least guns and hunting are manly things right? I know a few guys in my ward who have recently picked up crocheting and quilting as hobbies :) Watch out though, my husband has the same obsession and it can get very expensive!

Cindy said...

The best you can hope for is that the gun obsession will turn into some actually hunting skills and then maybe you can actually get some tasty game out of it! Our parents were archery hunters and Terri and I pretty much grew up on Venison. We had a fifth wheel and all of our family vacations were spent hunting and camping. Mom and Papa would take turns staying with us at the campsight while the other went out looking for deer. They're actually some of my favorite childhood memories so maybe you can turn it into a family affair.