Thursday, October 23, 2008

A Baptism, Hall-Zoo-ween, and a Halloween Party


Last Friday Jeremy had the privilege of not only giving a short talk at Amy's Baptism, but also baptising Amy. Amy has been an investigator for awhile and we have been able to become friends with her and her family. Jeremy should really be blogging this. He was so excited about it, I am not doing it justice.

Last weekend we went to the Zoo for Hall-Zoo-ween at the Cincinnati Zoo. We took our friends Emily and her son Carter. Carter and Brayden matched in their Nascar pit crew costumes, and looked so adorable!! Natalie was dressed as Tinkerbell and brought her stuffed animal "Penguie" with her(Grandma McRoberts gave this to her when we visited last November and she has recently been really attached to it). The kids had fun trick-or-treating at the different booths and riding on the Scarousel and Train. Brayden had fun picking out his own pumkin...how cute!!





On Monday we held a Halloween FHE. We invited a bunch of our friends over and grilled some delicious Shish Kababs. Our friends brought the sides and desserts. Dinner was delicious! By the time we were done eating a few of the families had to go and missed the pumkin carving fun! But here are some pixs of the FHE activity of carving pumkins. We had a lot of spectators but the ones who carved were Jeremy and our friends Calvin and Jason. Of course Natalie and Ellie stood by helping too!



Jason, Emily, and Carter Hamilton

Jason carved a scene with bats and the moon


Natalie chose the flaming skull


Calvin carved a witch

They looked so good all lit up!

This was a really fun night!! I hope everyone is enjoying this Halloween time! I know I am!! Especially dressing up my kids in costumes!

4 comments:

Kim said...

I am so jealous of the fact that you have 1. a gorgeous house, 2. great friends close by to celebrate with (although I do have family) and 3. fun things like a zoo that celebrates Halloween close by. I loved the pumpkins, and love the pics of your kiddos, very cute! Umm I swear I showed you my blog when you were out here my dear, but I'll let that one go. As for my blog, which by the way yours is very cute, I use www.thecutestblogontheblock.com for the background, and the header I made using www.scrapblog.com -it is so fun and addicting to make scrapbook pages on that site, you should try it. love ya

Kauti Nicholls said...

I love all the pics. At first I was like, "who are those twins?" And then I realized it was Brayden and Carter. Too cute. BTW, the pumpkins look awesome! See you Saturday!

Lisa said...

It looks like you are having fun celebrating the season. You need to send Jeremy out here to carve our pumpkins...I am just a triangle eye, nose and regular mouth girl!

Alli said...

Wow, those jackolanterns are amazing! My girls and I were really impressed!