Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Fun happenings


We have been having a pretty good time here in KY. I loved having our Parents visit for Jenalee's blessing and having our moms each stay to help. The kids loved having there grandma's here for a few weeks each too!

My mother made the beautiful dress. My mom-in-law made the bonnet and blanket. We all had some part in the headband!

But, as all things do, good things have to come to an end. We are slowly getting back into a regular routine. We have been having fun using our new(well new to us) van to take us to the museum, play with friends,to church(woohoo no more going an hour early), and of course a little shopping!


Today, however, we went to a birthday party for midweek(which was fun) and Brayden ended up doing a major throw up! Not to mention he has been cutting teeth so he had already leaked out of his diaper and then that happened. Needless to say, the rest of the day was spent washing clothes, blankets, and towels that the baby spit up on(she finally is pooing after 4 days of nothing!)or that brayden leaked or threw up on. And taking care of my sick kiddos!!


Lets not dwell on today...it is one day in a long parade of fun days!! We had a wonderful Valentine day. Friday our friends took us out to the precinct...YUM!! It was so much fun I think we are going to have to go again sometime!! I played Bunco Saturday while Heather watched my kids(Jeremy left for UT that day, what would I do without friends!). Thanks Mom the kids loved their gifts!


Okay, no giftpictured with Leah...but she did look so cute in her heart outfit!! Thanks Mom McRoberts! Also, the kids love their V-day animals from you!! Thanks for all the help!




Saturday, we also enjoyed a concert from Zak Morgan. We first saw him last year at a Library show he did in Newport. He is a child entertainer from Cincinnati and does free shows in the area when he is here. The kids love him and watch his Zakland DVD. It was funny because after the show I asked Natalie about how she liked it and she said: "I loved it all, but it was a different Zak." Poor guy has greyed since he filmed the DVD!!Natalie loves her new gloves and leg warmers!! Quite the fashionista!


Tuesday we got the Museum call(a few of us have passes and when one goes we call others to see if they want to too) and as I was getting the kids ready, Leah decided to end her pooping strike! Needless to say we were late getting there and ended up enjoying the Natural history museum by ourselves. Which was actually a lot of fun!! I love the Museum center!



Tuesday night, after a yummy meal at the Egnews, I took the kids to my volleyball game(remember Jeremy is out of town). Here they are as they looked at the end of it(after 9pm). They were troopers, even though Natalie thought she should play and cried at the start of it. Can I just thank the anonymous Blonde lady that held her while I played!

5 comments:

gtanderson1 said...

It is about time you post updated pictures. I love to see them all of your kids are growing up and are so cute. We miss you guys.

Mark and Shauna said...

I love the update and all the cute pictures! I've heard of babies not going for a couple of days and then having a massive explosion-- luckily Jackson hasn't gone on a poo strike yet!

Kirsten said...

Kari you have such a cute family. They are really darling.

Kauti Nicholls said...

all right! some new pics! love the update :) the kids are adorable--and of course almost unrecognizable--can you believe it's almost been a year since I've seen them??? Jenalee looks beautiful in all the pics (esp. the one with the brown dress and cute hair accessory haha...) I love the dress that your mom made her--very talented lady! OK, missed you on Sat, but will be back soon!

Kim said...

I love the pooping video...thats just the kind of post I like to see:) I can't beleive how active you all are. I often have days I don't even leave the house to even get the mail. "Leah" is a very cute baby if I havent told you that already. Some of her facial expressions remind me of Natalie as a baby, but who do you think she looks like?